Friday, November 4, 2011

Atlanta and friends

The last time I posted I said that I would be going to Atlanta to visit some family friends.  I had a really nice visit with two really great people.  They live near Stone Mountain, Georgia just outside Atlanta.  The drive down there was beautiful.  The leaves on the trees were great and the sun was shinning.  No traffic.  We probably could have talked for hours more but I need to get home since I had been gone seeing Jenny.  I will go back. It is not a bad drive, a little more traffic coming home but not too bad.

The next day I started rearranging my dining room.  I (we- Pat and I) told each other that is was time to pack away some of the things that we have out that we really just use during the holidays.  So that is what I did. 

In doing so I noticed that most of my silver needed a good polishing and I had just read about an easy way to polish silver....
Check out the before picture of the bottom of the butter tray...


And now the after.....
Super easy...  you cover the bottom of your kitchen sink with a piece of aluminum foil.
Next put the piece of silver on the aluminum foil.
Sprinkle generously baking soda over the top of the silver.
Pour boiling water over the piece....and it just FLASHES off....instantly.  If it is really scrolly and ornate you may have to use some silver polish but the rest comes off really easy.  Well...that is has been occupying my spare time lately.....And now I hope it stays nice until after the holidays.

More picture of my "updated" dining room...that I love!



When I came home from KC, Pat had finished our new wine rack that I had blogged about earlier...here it is.....  I really like it!


We got our new sofa earlier this week!  Yea!  Pat is thrilled with it.  He said this is the first piece of furniture that he is really happy about in a long while.  Spice does not get to get on it or the new chairs when they come.  She has a new bed in the living room.

We had book club this past week.  Most of the gals rated the book a 3.5 out of 5 but I said 4. I enjoyed  The Paris Wife.  Next month is In the Dark Streets Shineth - a Christmas book only about 60 pages long and I plan on reading it while we drive to Kansas/Missouri.  I am still trying to finish Honor Among Thieves. In all my spare time.

We went to the movies and out to dinner last weekend.  We saw In Time.  It was okay.  I thought it would have more social commentary but it turned into a Robin Hood type film.  Mellow Mushroom was really good.

Living Sweetly in the South,

Miss Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment