Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So far away

Got back from Kansas City on Monday.  What a whirlwind trip, kind of like the one to Philly.  Wish we lived closer sometimes or at least not so far away from all our family.  But, we love Chattanooga and it seems to like us.

The airports are already SO busy...busy like holiday travel.   Unbelievable.  On the way home from KC, I sat next to a guy from OKC. He knew a Dr. here that we have seen....small world.

Yesterday, was rest and recouperate day... I can't believe how much drier it seems in Kansas than here.  We always thought Kansas was humid but not really.  I was really glad to come back home to where my skin didn't feel so horrible.

Jenny is doing awesome!  She had some great stories to tell us all.  It is hard to believe how much she knows already...and has seen.  I am really proud of my kids! 

Pat worked on our new wine rack.  We will probably hang it up tonight.  I will take a picture and post when we do.  It looks really cool.  He also ....bought himself a tablet...(computer).  Kind of like an ipad but it has windows on it and that way he can manipulate it better..the engineer in him can't leave well enough alone.  I was just so glad that he finally did something for himself.  He takes such great care of us, he deserves something too once in a while.  He takes it to work and says that it is a big help instead of all that paper all the time.

Book club is next week.  I read The Paris Wife.  It is a good book and very interesting about how all the "artists" of the time hung out is Europe.  This trend was started by Van Gogh and Rembrandt.  It wasn't that they had all the money in the world it was just what was done.  If you like Hemingway at all this book from the viewpoint of his first wife is a good insight into his life and how he ended up in the Keys.

I am going to Atlanta tomorrow to see some family friends that I haven't seen in a very long time.  I am looking forward to it.

Living Sweetly in the South,

Miss Jan

1 comment:

  1. We LOVED having you in Kansas City and you look FANTASTIC!!! Mark your calendar to come to Holiday Mart again next year - and visit us much sooner too I hope! Give our love to Pat and our friends in Atlanta. Come back soon! Love,J&J

    ReplyDelete